MEDIA APPEARANCES AND EVENTS
SPRING – SUMMER 2020
Release of 400 Friends and No One to Call (March 26 with Central Recovery Press)
RADIO INTERVIEWS AND PODCASTS
SPEAKING AND TEACHING
Please note: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, some previously scheduled events have been cancelled. The following events are available with Zoom conferencing.
- May 26th, Tuesday, 7pm-8pm, Zoom Conference Program, Camden Public Library, Camden, Maine, author talk and introduction to 400 Friends and No One to Call.
- June 2nd, 7pm-8:30pm, Zoom Conference Class: Building Friendships, Fellowships and Community (even while physically distancing), Brookline Adult and Community Education
- June 8th, Monday evening, Newton Free Library, Newton, MA Social Isolation and Loneliness, Impacts and Solutions (Available with Zoom Conference): the Council on Aging and other sponsors will host a panel discussion on tackling loneliness and isolation in seniors. I will be on the panel sharing my story and other stories from my book, 400 Friends and No One to Call.
- To be rescheduled, Braintree Health Department, MA, 6:30pm-8:00pm, Zoom presentation with the Braintree Community Partnership on Substance Use:
Brave New Living Webinar
Even before COVID-19, it took courage and initiative to break out of isolation and rebuild our support networks. We may have already been strapped in isolating situations such as illness, caregiving, living alone, divorce, relocation, or the death of a loved one.
Please join us as we host rehabilitation counselor and author, Val Walker, as she explores and shares ways to: 1) Stay close to others and deepen our bonds, despite social distancing. 2) Build our communities, expand our networks, and pave the way for our future social lives.
- July 25, Warren Public Library, New Jersey, Zoom Author Talk, 400 Friends and No One to Call, 1:00pm-2:00pm
- This July, I was interviewed on film for All the Lonely People, a feature-length documentary with the award-winning company, The Clowder Group.
This film explores the fast-growing epidemic of loneliness and social isolation around the world. Watch the teaser for this new film, aiming to be released by late 2020. http://allthelonelypeoplefilm.com/